October 14, 2023
As we study together, I have been praying for you and us because only the truth can set us free. Finding the truth that breaks chains is my passion.
What I believe to be true sets the limit of what I think I can do. The true purpose of humbly seeking and turning is to change our minds to break generationally strengthened chains.
2 Chronicles 7:14: "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."
What Can I Do?
From the beginning, heroes were defined as giant, godlike, and legendary beings endowed with other-worldly wisdom and power in contrast to ordinary human beings. Before and after the Great Flood, there were giants in the land. Their strength and stature became the prerequisite for choosing a king.
The young nation of Israel chose tall Saul to be their first king, but God chose David, a shepherd boy who knew God was with Him. David slayed the giant. The difference was that David believed God.
Knowing the truth helps me break false ideas that began in the Garden of Eden. Look at the divisions below. What interpretations do you think can form from the language and information given?
Divisions In Genesis 1
- Waters above (exalted) and below (subdued).
- Fruit (seed protected), weeds (seed unprotected).
- Tree of Life (good) and Tree of The Knowledge of Good and Evil (death).
- God divided land animals into predator (lion) and prey (lamb).
- God separated the woman (helper) out of the man (champion).
If we see ourselves as great and small, high and low, worthy and unworthy, we will believe God does too. Instead, there is more proof that those separations were for our protection, not our identity. What came after the Fall confirms our identity before God.
What Came After:
– The waters above and below were divided for a Great Flood, but Noah and the Ark were saved. Noah preached and begged others to enter the ark for 100 years before the rains came.
– Wheat and Weeds were separated for a Great Harvest, but Fruit-bearing branches are saved. Weeds are allowed to grow until the harvest.
– The Lamb slain (Prey) became the Lamb that takes away Sin (Predator), and saved the World. Salvation is offered to anyone who believes.
– Woman (helper) was taken out of the man (champion) to be saved by childbirth. Those who believe in the Man (Jesus) born of a virgin are reborn by God’s Spirit (Helper) and are saved.
God’s mercy is clearly evident, in every division, to the extent of Jesus’ own death on the cross. Jesus was separated from His Father for our sakes.
What is separation?
Separation is holiness – to be set apart. God separated Light from Darkness because the Light was good. God separated Himself as Good (Holy), and everything He created was good (holy).
God’s goodness is Life and holiness is the protection of life.
The Garden of Eden was the first holy domain of life.
Life was the first visible sign of a holy covenant – Man became a living creature.
- God placed Adam inside the Garden to protect its boundary and its living creatures.
- God created Eve inside this holy domain. She was further set apart for protection as the mother of all the living.
Adam and Eve were given holy dominion over all living things in the Garden. God’s Holiness protected them from what was outside.
The Lost Land
Eve ate the fruit first, but by Adam, Sin came into their domain of life. They were separated from the Tree of Life. The hallowed ground where God walked with Man was cursed and they became trespassers on that land.
The Promised Land
“THEN, I will hear from Heaven, forgive your sin, and heal your land.”
Holy is God Himself. As oil separates from water, God is the protected place where we can take our shoes off. God’s holiness that protects life and the holiness which destroys life are not the same thing.
- Promised Spirit of Holiness anoints and seals us as Holy with a capital H from Sin with a capital S.
- Holiness is a fire that purifies without destroying life. It was Moses’ burning bush, the Presence that protected Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego inside a blazing furnace, and the tongues of fire that signified being filled by God’s Spirit.
- Hell is set apart for destruction.
In God’s Holiness, we can “tread on serpents and scorpions,” “no weapon formed against us will prosper,” and nothing can ever again separate us from God’s Love. God’s Holiness is LIFE and living inside true freedom.
Our holiness is a paper raincoat.
My People, what are we waiting for? Get up. Get dressed. It’s time to come alive by God’s Spirit of Life, Holiness, and Freedom. He surrounds us like a pillar of cloud and fire. When we love others, we invite them into that holy place of peace and the healing God desires.
It is time to heal our land because God is with us to do above and beyond what we can ask or think! Believe it.